Businesses of every type, including coaches, **need a business plan.**
Don’t think you can skip by on this important step because you offer a service instead of a physical product. Every business can benefit from a business plan.
**First Step, Focus.**
When you create a business plan you need to focus on the reasons for the business:
1. Who do you want to serve?
2. What do you want to provide?
3. When do you want to start?
4. Where will you set up shop?
5. Why do you want to start such an endeavor?
6. How will you meld all these things together to create a prosperous business?
These are the primary reasons why you’re going into business and they should always be at the forefront of your mind when making decisions.
Something else to focus on is your big dream. How much money do you want to make over the next 5 years? Do you want to sell multiple products or have several locations? Everyone’s big dream will be different, but you should write it down as part of the plan.
**Second Step, A Plan.**
Think of your business plan as a mountain. Your mission statement is at the base of the mountain while your big dream is at the peak. Everything in between is what you need to plan, and these steps should also be incorporated into a business plan. Ideally, here are the following questions we would want to address:
1. What products do you want to create?
2. How often do you want to produce a product or solution?
3. How can you implement some passive income or perhaps create affiliate income into your business?
4. Are there any speaking engagements or online summit opportunities that will expand your reach and your followers (market share)?
5. What can you add to your sales funnel for those not yet ready to commit to coaching?
**Third Step, Action Steps.**
This is where your planning steps are broken down into smaller, actionable steps. Instead of just saying I want to write a book, break the process down further. How much time can you dedicate each day to writing?
Do you want to self-publish or find a publisher?
You’ll need to hire an editor and someone to design the cover. These are actionable steps that can easily be crossed off your to do list once completed.
However PLEASE, don’t be thrown off here.
**You don’t need to plan 5 years’ worth of action steps at one time.**
The idea is to plan one year at a time, keeping your focus in mind, so that the action steps become a pathway or a blueprint **to your big dreams.**
If this seems like a daunting task, no worries! Join me on my free Zoom Group Call! Why not join in and learn about how you too can put a business plan together
**Why You Need a Business Plan for a Profitable Business.**
We will discuss the importance of breaking down your tasks for more effective productivity as well as how to take ACTION, which is imperative to reach any goal.